Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A Sagaponack man who admitted to torching a $34 million oceanfront mansion on Dune Road in Bridgehampton last year will spend a year in a psychiatric facility after reaching a plea deal.David Osiecki pleaded guilty to arson Tuesday before Judge Fernando Comacho at Suffolk County Court. In exchange for his plea, prosecutors said the 65-year-old arsonist will undergo a psychiatric evaluation and a year’s probation in an inpatient psychiatric facility.“The victim of the arson is amenable to this disposition,” District Attorney Thomas Spota said. “If and when the defendant completes his psychiatric hospitalization, he will then serve five more years of probation with mental health conditions.”Authorities said that in April 2014 Osiecki torched a 1,600-square-foot mansion with seven bedrooms and 8.5 bathrooms reportedly belonging to a fellow developer.If Osiecki violates probation during his year in a residential psychiatric facility, the court can potentially sentence Osiecki to up to 15 years in prison.
Image Courtesy: Gulf News/Twitter(@Saqlain_Mushtaq)Advertisement 7aggNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vsc7prthWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E6i19( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 7vWould you ever consider trying this?😱vw6brCan your students do this? 🌚2mbpcRoller skating! Powered by Firework Since the novel Coronavirus pandemic has put the human life on a halt, almost all countries around the world have imposed a lock down to curb any further spread of the deadly virus. Citizens, sportspersons and celebrities alike, are remaining indoors in-self isolation, many of them who are taking it to social media to spread awareness and positivity in these woeful times. However, a bizarre and hilarious approach has been taken by Saqlain Mushtaq, the former Pakistani international cricketer who has done make up and donned a wig to promote the message of bonding with family.Advertisement Image Courtesy: Gulf News/Twitter(@Saqlain_Mushtaq)On Tuesday, Mushtaq uploaded a clip on his official Twitter handle, where he was seen wearing a red wig, along with eye shadow and lipstick. The video was captioned with: “Stay safe, stay at home with your loved ones and enjoy our clip.” Check it out below-Advertisement “”We are in quarantine. She’s the make-up artist,” Mushtaq said in the clip, pointing at his daughter, who is seen wearing a veil.The former spin bowler went on saying that it was his daughter’s wish to play with him, and that she gave him his new ‘getup’ with her make-up work and the beautiful wig.“Stay at home, stay safe and look beautiful, and enjoy with your loved ones,” the 43 year old added.However, its not the first time Mushtaq’s daughter did her make-up job on her father. Below her’s a tweet from 2015, where the former cricketer is seen undergoing beauty treatments from his sweet kid.Mushtaq is hailed as one of the greatest spin bowlers of all time, and is regarded as the pioneer of the ‘doosra’. He has made 49 Test and 169 ODI appearances for Pakistan, securing 208 and 288 wickets in both formats respectively. He was the fastest bowler to reach 100, 150, 200 and 250 wickets milestones in ODI cricket.Mushtaq made his last international appearance in 2004 in a Test match against India. Since his retirement, he has performed several coaching roles, especially in 2016 when the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) appointed him as the spin consultant for the England cricket team for the Pakistan and India series.Mushtaq also has his own YouTube channel named ‘Saqlain Mushtaq Show’, where he regularly uploads videos, discussing various topics regarding the sport.Pakistan has seen 4,005 confirmed Coronavirus cases as of today, and the death toll is at 54.Also read-Indian cricketer scored 59 hundreds in his career – so he donated Rs.59 lakh to the fight against Covid-19!Yuvraj Singh slams current crop of Indian players: There’s no respect for seniors! Advertisement
With the global political and economic landscape changing rapidly, the World Economic Forum is urging global leaders to be more responsive and responsible. South Africa is heeding that call and is making sure the country is open for business.The World Economic Forum is calling on world leaders to be more responsive and responsible, and Team South Africa is heeding their message while also spreading the word that the country is open for business. (Image: World Economic Forum, Flickr)By Shamin ChibbaIn the coming days the snowy Alpine town of Davos in Switzerland will not be overrun by skiers and holidaymakers, but rather by leaders and thinkers as the World Economic Forum (WEF) kicks off its 47th Annual Meeting on 17 January.In light of a new global political and economic future, about 2,500 delegates from government, business, academia, civil society, media and the arts will participate in discussions around the meeting’s theme this year, “Responsive and Responsible Leadership”.The WEF says the theme calls on global leaders to adapt current systems so as to foster growth that benefits everyone.It says that responsive leadership will answer to the frustrations experienced by those not benefiting from economic and social development with what is called inclusive development and equitable growth. “Their situation will only become more uncertain with the onset of the Fourth Industrial Revolution and its impact on future employment,” said WEF founder and executive chairman Klaus Schwab.South Africa calls for inclusive economic developmentThough Team South Africa heads to Davos with the theme “South Africa is open for business”, its strongest message is that the country will promote economic development for all its citizens to overcome economic inequality. This will tie in with the WEF’s overarching theme.The country’s proposed reforms in the near future will address the National Health Insurance initiative, issues affecting women and gender equality, land redistribution, rural development, and agriculture and forestry. The government will broaden access to telecommunications, support small business development, and improve growth in tourism.It also aims to allocate R45-billion to promote industrialisation, economic transformation and sustainable resource management.Find out more about Team South Africa’s key messages for Davos 2017.Would you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See Using Brand South Africa material
There are some ways to tell if your hustle is strong or weak. Here are five tests for your hustle.
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Derby, Preston chasing Newcastle midfielder Dan Barlaserby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveNewcastle United face losing Dan Barlaser for nothing.The Daily Mail says the Turkey youth international is currently impressing during a loan spell at League One Accrington Stanley and boss John Coleman is desperate to extend his stay beyond January.Barlaser – who has also been involved with England Under-18s – has appeared three times for Newcastle’s first team but is said to have improved markedly in recent months given the exposure to senior football.The 21-year-old is now attracting interest from the likes of Middlesbrough, Derby, Preston and Wigan who are aware of his contract situation at St James’ Park.
UNC enters tonight’s national championship match-up against Villanova as a three point favorite, so it should be no surprise that the Tar Heels’ top player is the favorite to take home the NCAA Tournament’s Most Outstanding Player award. Bovada has forward Brice Johnson at +110 to win the award, with Villanova’s Josh Hart as the second favorite at +325. Here is the full set of odds.With UNC’s size advantage, Johnson is a very legitimate favorite for the award, but if you believe in Villanova, a bet on Jenkins or Arcidiacono has to be pretty tempting at +900. [Bovada]
Story Highlights Doreen Lawrence has been honoured by the Jamaican High Commission in London. Noted Jamaican-born civil rights campaigner, Doreen Lawrence, who was recently appointed to the British House of Lords, has been honoured by the Jamaican High Commission in London.The United Kingdom’s (UK) Home Secretary, Theresa May, was among the special guests at a reception hosted on Monday, October 21, by Her Excellency, Aloun Ndombet-Assamba.Mrs. Lawrence took her seat as Labour member of the Upper House earlier this month, using the title Baroness Lawrence of Clarendon in the Commonwealth Realm of Jamaica.She is the mother of Stephen Lawrence, a British teenager, who was murdered in a racist attack in South East London in 1993. Her tireless fight for justice for her son, has promoted reforms of the police service. She has also founded the Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust.Mrs. Lawrence said that she was overwhelmed by the honour. “It has been overwhelming. My work was not to get me to here. It was for my son, for my family. I wanted the world to recognise what we were going through,” she said.She said she sees her role in the House of Lords as being the voice of ordinary people.High Commissioner Ndombet-Assamba congratulated Mrs. Lawrence on her elevation to the House of Lords.“We are very proud that she is now Baroness Lawrence of Clarendon in the Commonwealth Realm of Jamaica. It is the parish of her birth in Jamaica and where Stephen is buried. I am told it is rare for this honour to be named after a location in a Commonwealth realm or other country outside of the United Kingdom,” the High Commissioner said.High Commissioner Assamba said the honour was a fitting testament to Baroness Lawrence’s resolute campaign, bravery and commitment to getting justice for Stephen. She is the mother of Stephen Lawrence, a British teenager, who was murdered in a racist attack in South East London in 1993. Mrs. Lawrence took her seat as Labour member of the Upper House earlier this month.
APTN National NewsThe Northwest Territories sits on one of the largest untapped oil and gas reserves in the world and getting at those resources has never been easier thanks to new legislation passed by Ottawa.But as APTN’s Wayne Rivers reports, at least one Indigenous government isn’t pleaed with the new policies and they are going to court to try and stop them.