FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享CNBC:The wind energy industry installed 51.3 gigawatts (GW) of new capacity last year, a 3.6 percent fall when compared to 2017’s growth, the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) said Tuesday.Despite this reduction, the international trade association said that the growth of the worldwide wind market had “been stable” since 2014, with more than 50 GW of new capacity installed each year.Total installed capacity stood at 591 GW at the end of 2018, which represents an increase of 9.6 percent compared to the end of 2017, the GWEC added. Installed capacity relates to how much energy can be produced at maximum output, not what is currently being generated.GWEC CEO Ben Backwell said that China had led “both onshore and offshore growth,” adding that “huge growth” was expected in Asia “through the coming decade and beyond.” Breaking the figures down, the onshore sector was responsible for 46.8 GW of new capacity in 2018, while the offshore wind market added 4.49 GW.Looking ahead, the GWEC’s Director of Market Intelligence Karin Ohlenforst said that the organization expected “55 GW or more to be added each year until 2023,” adding that the offshore marked would “grow on a global scale.”More: China leads the way as wind energy sees another year of stable growth Trade group says global wind capacity climbed to 591GW in 2018
By Dialogo August 24, 2011 The Organization of American States (OAS) is promoting an initiative to combat illicit firearms trafficking through a program implemented in Latin American and Caribbean countries. The program consists in adding to the manufacturers’ marks the weapons normally carry, such as serial number, model, and caliber, others such as the importing country, where the weapon was seized, and others that can enable identification of the weapon’s trajectory from its point of origin to its destination. This can help “to identify at what point a weapon entered the illicit arms market and/or help to identify the perpetrator of a crime,” something that is “a very effective tool for combating the trafficking of firearms in the hemisphere,” according to the statement. The OAS indicated that 25 member states have expressed interest in participating in the program, and 13 of them have so far signed a cooperation agreement. These countries are Barbados, the Bahamas, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Uruguay, Paraguay, Saint Lucia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, and Trinidad and Tobago. It is expected that as a result of this program, it will be possible to mark at least 25,000 firearms throughout the hemisphere in 2012.
When it was put to him that Mourinho had said post-match that Lambert “complains with every decision”, the 44-year-old said: “So did he. It is the same. The two of us were shouting at referees and officials and everything. “I’m not going to go there and lie down, and neither is Jose. “A lot has been made of me moaning – he does his fair share as well, just to let you know. “It is not a problem. We had a bit of banter between us and I saw him afterwards. I like him and he is a brilliant football manager. There was never a problem.” Press Association Asked on Thursday morning about Kevin Friend, the referee for the game, Lambert said: “I spoke to Kevin afterwards, and obviously what is said in there stays in there. But I didn’t need to speak to him really. “It was a clear handball. “It’s a stonewaller, a clear penalty. I don’t care what anyone says, that is a penalty. “Gabby has won the header and it has hit John’s hand. I’m pretty sure if it had been down the other end, it would have been given.” Lambert and Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho were engaged in what appeared to be some heated arguments by the touchline during the contest. But Lambert insists the technical area exchanges were predominantly “banter”. He said: “I was calm last night. “I think there has been a lot made of me and Jose in the technical area. There was the odd little thing, but there was a lot of banter between us.” Lambert felt his side had been denied a legitimate spot-kick in their 2-1 defeat to the Blues when Terry appeared to block Gabriel Agbonlahor’s header with his arm in the area late on. The Scot also thought Branislav Ivanovic should have been sent off for catching Christian Benteke with an arm – the defender instead received a booking, before going on to score the winning goal. Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert has suggested Chelsea would have been awarded a penalty if an incident similar to John Terry’s apparent handball had occurred in the home team’s box in Wednesday night’s Barclays Premier League match at Stamford Bridge.
It was no secret I was critical of coach earlier this season, but after spotting Freddie Kitchens rocking @gvartwork’s #PittsburghStartedIt shirt tonight, he’s A-OK in my 📚!Already got mine for THIS Sunday and this makes me even more PUMPED to wear it!! #CLEvsPIT #Browns pic.twitter.com/oKYabSgG9Q— Pumpkinhead 🎃 (@PumpkinNation) November 30, 2019Kitchens’ shirt was the focus of fans and media alike Sunday. And while fans on social media were split in their reactions, players like Steelers guard David DeCastro were a bit more direct with criticism of the Browns coach’s decision to wear the shirt.Steelers OL David DeCastro on Freddie Kitchens shirt: “I thought it was pretty stupid. That’s a lot of bulletin board material. I don’t know why you do that as a coach. I just don’t get that. Of course it’s going to motivate us. What are you thinking? It’s just not smart.”— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) December 1, 2019DeCastro wasn’t the only Steeler to chime in. His linemate Ramon Foster offered some thoughts, as well, saying Kitchens put his players in “harm’s way” by wearing the shirt.”I know that our coach never would have done anything like that,” left guard Ramon Foster said, via ESPN. “Why throw gas? When you do something like that, you throw your players in harm’s way. He’s not on the field. You throw your players in harm’s way when you do stuff like that with a vengeance. And I hate that for them.” There has been no shortage of focus on the Browns’ wardrobe this season. First it was wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr.’s watch, and now it’s coach Freddie Kitchens’ shirt.The day before the Steelers’ 20-13 victory over the Browns on Sunday, Kitchens was spotted wearing a shirt emblazoned with “Pittsburgh started it” while on his way to a screening of a movie. The shirt was a clear allusion to the Browns-Steelers brawl a couple weeks ago in Cleveland. Freddie Kitchens, coaching a team that’s super undisciplined and underachieving wore a shirt mocking an upcoming division rival in a game they had to win to stay alive in the wildcard game. The Saints are fighting for the 1 seed and the Browns out of the playoff. Same thing duh— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) December 1, 2019Kitchens defended his clothing of choice following the loss to the Browns’ biggest AFC North rivals.Kitchens on the T-shirt he wore: “Listen the t-shirt didn’t have anything to do with this. I wore a t-shirt I wore a jacket with it. My daughters wanted me to wear the shirt and I’d wear it again. I put a jacket on I covered it up and I took a picture with a fan…— Dianna (@diannaESPN) December 1, 2019…That was as simple as that. T-shirt didn’t cause us to give up 40-yard passes and we were ready to play. That’s the only thing that people need to be worried about, we were ready to play. #browns— Dianna (@diannaESPN) December 1, 2019And, of course, the Cleveland head man got support from his quarterback.Baker Mayfield on the Freddie Kitchens shirt: “It’s just a t-shirt. I’ve done much worse.”— Chris Adamski (@C_AdamskiTrib) December 1, 2019Well, whether or not the Steelers did start the brawl that resulted in more than 30 fines and suspensions, they certainly ended it — and dealt the Browns a major blow to their playoff hopes — on Sunday.