Train drivers have rejected an offer of £75,000-a-year in pay in a long-running dispute that has caused misery for commuters, Southern rail bosses have said.The offer had been made last week, as passengers faced disruption from the end of the month as a result of a ban on drivers doing overtime by the union Aslef. Aslef and the RMT are embroiled in long-running disputes with Southern over staffing and driver-only trains, which has caused chaos for 300,000 passengers with repeated strikes over the past 15 months.Southern Railway’s parent company Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) said it had offered employees a “very generous” four-year pay deal worth 23.8%.It would take a driver’s base salary from £49,001 to £60,683 for the existing 35-hour, four-day week. Most of Southern’s drivers also work a fifth day as overtime, which tops up their pay by 25 per cent, taking the potential total pay to over £75,000. A spokesman for GTR said: “The Aslef leadership has twice accepted the extension of driver-controlled operation and asked us this time to package it up with a pay deal.”We’ve made a very generous offer that in four years would take a driver’s base salary to £60,683 for the existing 35-hour, four-day week, so we find this threat of an overtime ban surprising and extremely disappointing.” Strikes have become familiar for Southern passengersCredit:Nick Edwards The group’s case is being supported by the disabled and older people’s charity Transport For All.Summer Dean, of ABC, said the court date will be the most important day in its campaign, and was the only chance of bringing the “never-ending rail crisis” to a close. Meanwhile, leaders of the Rail, Maritime and Transport union (RMT) will meet this week to decide their next move in the long-running rows at Southern, Merseyrail and Northern about driver-only trains.It comes as a commuters’ group seeking a judicial review of the Government’s handling of Southern Railway has secured a date for a court hearing to press its case.The Association of British Commuters (ABC) will attend a so-called public permission hearing at the Royal Courts of Justice in London on June 29 – the same day as the overtime ban by Southern drivers starts.ABC said the court hearing will finally bring the principles of the case into the public arena and could lead to a full-blown judicial review. However the rail operator said talks aimed at resolving the dispute had ended without agreement, and Aslef had ordered the overtime ban to go ahead from Thursday next week.A spokesman told the Evening Standard: “We take that to mean rejection of our [pay] offer”. Services were badly disrupted the last time Aslef launched an overtime ban. Aslef said it had not made a formal decision on pay. One train driver said they were satisfied with the pay but there were still concerns over safety. RMT general secretary Mick Cash said: “The spotlight is now well and truly back on the basket-case Southern Rail franchise and their unconditional support from this minority government regardless of the safety and service consequences.”RMT’s executive will be considering the next steps in the guards’ and drivers’ safety disputes this week.” Want the best of The Telegraph direct to your email and WhatsApp? Sign up to our free twice-daily Front Page newsletter and new audio briefings.